Thursday, May 14, 2009

California

I was fortunate enough to travel to Anaheim recently - I had a HS student qualify to compete at the DECA International Career Development Conference.

My two good friends Becky and Goudy:
We were headed into the mini awards session to see if she made it to the finals. Unfortunately, this year she did not qualify, but she's only a sophomore!
My roommate, Kristin, and I attended the Dodgers game. We were able to watch Manny hit a homerun (he won't be doing that for awhile!). It was DECA night...DECA members had seats under the scoreboard on the right of the photo. We bought our tickets at our hotel - Great Seats! And, we had great company behind us! Kyle works at Disneyland...we had a lot of laughs with him and his family!



The three of us decided to rent a car and drive into Hollywood - behind us in the mountains is the famous "HOLLYWOOD" sign! We had a great time seeing the sights, and seeing them get ready for the premier of Star Trek!


I spent an entire day at Disneyland - all by MYSELF! It was amazing...not the park, but experiencing it alone!! I did finally call my mom after about 4 hours of being there just so I could talk to someone! I rode the rides I wanted to ride, got to sit in the front of the monorail, shopped and ate when I wanted, and didn't have to worry about standing in long lines with crying children!



Overall, it was a great getaway! It's always a fun time meeting up with my Marketing teacher friends and celebrating Indiana students' success!


No comments: