Saturday, August 11, 2007

Horizon of Hope

On top of everything else I do, I have been selling Longaberger for over 6 years. For the past few years, our branch has held a Horizon of Hope event. This year was exceptional! Dr. Denise Murphy spoke once again on breast cancer prevention, and we had an actual basket weaver attend and weave 8 special HOH baskets (that we gave away as door prizes). We raised $500 that we will be sending to the Longaberger Company for them to donate to the American Cancer Society. On top of that, Longaberger donates $2 from the sale of each Horizon of Hope product to the American Cancer Society. What a great cause - so glad I was able to be a part of it! Thanks, too, to all my friends and family members that attended!

Dr. Murphy...
One of my tables of guests...
Here is Margie, a Longaberger basket weaver, putting the handle on one of the eight baskets she wove at the event.

No comments: