Monday, July 21, 2008

CHA

I spent the last week in Chicago with my mom at CHA (scrapbook trade show). We had a great time - our friend, Janine, from North Carolina joined us. We saw lots of great new stuff that will hopefully all fit into the new store in November!

We also caught up with our friend, Dawn. She treated us to Buca di Beppos (and by the way, my backside thanks you for the 2 desserts!). We tried to look like the statue... We also ate at P.F. Chang's with Mary Fran, Nicole, and their hubbys. Once again, posing with a statue - I hope there is no resemblance to this one!!
Talked to Heidi Swapp about her adventures in China...she introduced some cool new products as usual!
And of course my favorite, Ali Edwards...(I even took her a Vera bag!!). She did some cool things at the Tim Holtz booth with alcohol inks.
She was kind enough to give us each an autographed copy of her new book! I love her work, and she is the most down-to-earth person I think I have ever met! It's always fun to get new ideas and meet great people in the industry. There is a new paper company, Black Market Paper Society, that had really cool, new designs. And they are the nicest people! Overall, a great time!

Came home to a sick boy - bronchitis. He is doing much better today, though! Matt and the boys had a great time camping last week (something I hate to do!!). The boys went to the Children's Museum with their grandma, too. Every time I would talk to Easton on the phone, he would tell me, "I want to buy a camper."

Taking time this week to relax with the boys. My classes are done, and I am ready to enjoy these last few weeks before school starts again! I can't believe summer break is coming to an end...

No comments: